In a previous article I’ve described how to create a Dynamic Distribution Group using PowerShell: How to create a Dynamic Distribution Group ?
That version of Office 365 was Wave 14.
Now, in the new version of Office 365 (Wave 15), the Microsoft team has added an option to create a DDG using a GUI.
That makes it very simple now.
What are the steps?
- access the Exchange Admin Center – the groups tab;
- select New – Dynamic Distribution Group;
- in the new windows add: a display name and an alias – 1 – and choose an owner – 2 -;
- then we must add an rule – 3 -;
- for the rule, we will select the Department – 1 –;
- the rule will select only the contacts that are from the IT department – 2 -;
Now the DDG is completed and it must be saved.
As a bonus, in the description pane, Office 365 will display an report.