After installing Microsoft Office 2010 PRO PLUS we have to activate it.
How it’s done ?
- after the installation process is over, a registration wizard appears;
- if we already have the Sign-In assistant installed we just have to add our MOS ID and password.
After the subscription is verified, the program will be activated and we can start working with the Office Apps.
- the license is be valid as long as the Office 365 subscription is valid.
- after the subscription ends, the Office products will enter into reduced functionality mode (RFM), meaning that only some commands will be active.
Why the license verification may fail ?
- the Office 365 subscription has expired;
- there was no internet connection when the license was verified.
What do we do after the subscription verification fails ?
- go to Start – Run – cmd;
- type: cd „C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14„
- here we have two options:
- OSAUI.exe /K – reactivate the license using the current credentials;
- OSAUI.exe /F – reactivate the license by using a new Office 365 account.
After running the appropriate command Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus is taken out of RFM (Reduced Functionality Mode).