After you setup your Office 365 E-mail account (Exchange) in Outlook, the first thing that you want to do, is to import your old E-mail’s online.
I will show two easy methods to do a PST (Personal Storage Table) to OST (Offline Storage Table) migration.
Migrate *.pst to *.ost – method 1 – copy-paste
- go to File – Account Settings – Account Settings – click on Data Files – Add – add your *.pst file;
- after you add that file, just copy-paste all folder into the new *.ost file.
Migrate *.pst to *.ost – method 2 – import
- go to File – Open – Import;
- click on Import from another program or file;
- click on Outlook Data File (.pst);
- browse for the *.pst file and then click on Next;
- at this step make sure that Include subfolders option is checked;
- here you can choose to import all items into the current folder (if you are positioned on a certain folder) or to import items into the same folder in the ost file (keep the original folder structure).
- the import operation is started and all folders and subfolders are copied.
Now, all folders, subfolders, E-mails, tasks, calendar items, etc. are copied in the cloud (in Exchange).